Sunday, March 13, 2016

Now Where Was I ?..ah makeup


It was still terribly hot the morning I went to have makeup applied at the Bodyshop.
The shop was wonderfully cool as my face was cleansed 
then....
Makeup was applied....
Moisturiser & tiny drops of rose oil & stuff to set it all so the liquid makeup is then lightly brushed onto my face.
Eye shadows were next & eye liner & mascara....erace for under the eyes...
and then Blusher & some lovely soft glitter powder 
( I used to use something like this when I was much younger ) 
&
Lipstick....first around the outside of the lips was a wax pencil application to stop the lipstsick bleeding into the skin....how neat is that !

I loved it so much, the final finish was smooth, light & flattering...it remained on perfect all day even in 38 degrees...

As the makeup artist brought me into a nicer world she told me everything she was doing & using...
&
I now have a chart to be able to choose which item to buy next.

I bought the eye shadow little block of 4 flattering colours for more mature women and the great eyeliner that is easy to gently apply...
I do want the lipstick now as I tried a pink/orange & thought a bit too pink for me but it was very flattering to the skin colour & teeth...

The $40 this did cost was educational & I came away feeling more glam than I have for a long while 
&
I could redeem the cost of the makeup application on product ....so I had $40 to spend...
It is a really lovely experience.

The staff are well trained, not pushy....you know I'd be tempted to go do this again when I want to buy more product & I'd time it for an occasion.

The only thing is you need to book.....that is it..
Go try it is just fun & the feeling is great.
***
I don't have a before picture....but I have freckles & fair skin & wrinkles !!! 

My hair is a bit wayward as it grows down again....got into it's mind I want to have frizzy curls...wrong !!!
This week I return for another trim, taming the curls now....
  
On another note as I finish up....
Friday afternoon I was waiting for the sun to move ( like go down & have a rest )
It was 3pm.....
"I am going in to see the movie "
just as my friend Denise told me she did a few days before...
you know how wonderful it feels to be decisive & just go...?

The Lady In The Van
Checked the time of next session it was 3.45 just time enough.
I always enjoy Maggie Smith & she is always brilliant.
The story continues to raise issues.....I keep thinking of another sub story...there are so many.
I came out feeling the movie had wrapped itself around me.....that I was so close to it.....
It is definitely food for thought ...for anyone aging & it is a plot maybe about being not connected to society & too many mega hurts made her decisions for her & there she was coping, reluctant to trust ever again &  ohh it is sad,....but sure worth seeing.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Tu es resplendissante, Barbara......!!! Bravo !