Saturday, March 19, 2016

Friendships


Friendships..
What are they really...?
our expectations of how someone reacts when we have a need to share? 

Friendships are
diverse...
possibly a little representation in each of ourselves.

Not always what we have in common...
that may bring us together in the first place...

I have found friends in the most unexpected places...
I am an open style of personality these days...
I like people
I find them interesting
I like what I learn from all the friendships I have & have had.


I moved a LOT in later life...
By choice
But disrupting my life completely
Alone 
It certainly tested me beyond my wildest thoughts..
.... well you know, it never pays to ponder too much if one is going to do things... because half never go do..
It is the nature of seeking ...perhaps ?

In & for my own experiences 
I have learnt more things about myself than I reckon I would have learnt if I had stayed put....


Friendships in older life are different...
gathering ...people... 
but because I have moved many locations where I have really begun again & again
( that is another story )
I have left friends behind...
Everything for a while is from a distance...
New friendships like ones left behind take a long time to form into a solid lovely hug....


I also wonder as we grow older 
we are not forming the same styles of friendships as we once did...

some of us will move, die or just forget who we are...


Through school I made the measure of friendship..
my best friend & I 
kept each other company along the teenage journey..
we did at least one year of totally giggling...
we shared our values & formed many...to carry us through.


I often find it rather sad today as the value of people can be sometimes taken so lightly...if a friend starts to travel a bumpy road...
Many today, as I listen to conversations are left on the road side..
Technically dumped because I suppose it isn't why that friendship was formed.
As I said I am interested in people & my initial training for work was listening to people as we hairdressers soothed the crinkles from a stranger's( often) life...
as we touch they talk.
It is a bond never to be taken lightly
A gift given 
of
caring...
listening..
being there...
costs so little but rewards are enormous..
As I write that I laugh to myself
is this my reward for being the type of  friend I am.
I can say I feel rewarded a bit & it does give me such a buzz...
You know quietly walking beside someone in good & bad days is amazing....
whether that be by physical presence, phone ... email.. even text ..or perhaps a real written letter...if there is a postal service to deliver it !
Now I need to walk... perhaps with myself or with a friend..
But I need to walk

No comments: